The Daimler Dingo
Scout Car was a 1939 second world war manufactured small two-man armoured fighting
vehicle (AFV) that was relatively low and wide enough to have the required stability
for fast off-road rides. Its initial armour plating was thirty millimetres on
the front, nose and glacis but only twelve millimetres on the sides. It was
revolutionary at the time using the idea of slope armour to deflect bullet
armoured sloped panels were welded all around the central framework of the
Dingo Scout Car whose front driving compartment boasted four openings hatches.
The power horse engine was the regular Daimler six-cylinder two point five
litres, fifty-five horsepower (41 kW), fed by a 300 litre (79.25 gal) gasoline
reserve (two tanks), which gave an incredibly long range for its small
size. The transmission consisted of a pre-selector gearbox, fluid flywheel with
five gears forward and five gears reverse, allowing steering with all four
wheels. This feature gave the Dingo a very tight turning radius, only seven
meters or about twenty-three feet. However her downside was that the system
was tricky to master for inexperienced drivers.